Monday, October 15, 2007

Breed Feature of the Week: Irish Wolfhound



The Irish Wolfhound is an ancient breed of dog originall bred for hunting wolf, hence the name. They are the tallest dog breed in the world. They have been said to be the equal of a lion in the past, but are gentle in nature towards humans. Their motto is "Gentle when stroked, fierce when provoked." This particular Irish Wolfhound is Liam, who lives in Pittsburgh. Liam is a mellow dog who loves to go on ambling walks and greet all his friends every day.



Any Blogging Irish Wolfhounds out there?

8 comments:

Unknown said...

liam sure is handsome!! I like this new breed a week, just don't highlight the doofus breed, you don't want comment from those doggies.

Simba and Jazzi said...

He is big and beautiful. i haven't come across any blogging.

Simba xx

2shibas said...

Hey guys,

Check out the SUMDs (skinny ugly mutant dogs) blog. They live in England and are a total riot. Meg is an Irish Wolfhound just like your friend!

http://tighgadhar.blogspot.com/

Wiley & Fievel

Kerrio said...

It's KuBrin the blonde lump who is the Wolfie... Meg is a deerhound (easily confused!)

http://tighgadhar.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I may have to dognap this one!

BigBrownBearBear said...

When you come to Rotties, let me know!!

Terri said...

My dog Smokey looked exactly like a small Wolfie - I'm so sorry I ever neutered him! He was 68 pounds and the most wonderful creature I have ever known. He has told me from the beyond to go get another dog...I'd be interested in a young rescue wolfhound... any ideas?
In Pittsburgh (and Frick Park)
Terri

Unknown said...

I don't have a blog dedicated to wolfhounds, but did write a post on my blog about my hound that I would like to share with your readers.

They are very special dogs! (love your photos!)

If you are interested in a great story about "Harley" and seeing some good photos please visit:

LoveUbecause ... you're from a picture in a magazine!

If you like what you see and read , please share the link with your friends.

Enjoy!

“A”