Sunday, November 05, 2006

Shiro's Big Adventure

We interrupt the regular posting of this blog to bring you a special news story: "Shiro's Big Adventure." On the evening of 4 November 2006, our human Mom, hereafter referred to as "the Mom," came out to collect us from our fenced in backyard which you get to thru a door in the garage to take us on an evening walk. She had the garage door opener in her pocket to open the door once she hooked us up on our leashes. At least, that was the plan. Upon opening the door to the yard and bending over to scoop me (Shiro) up, the plan went horribly awry. The garage door opened, so I took advantage of this situation to go for a brisk fall run among the leaves. The Dad (my human father) was out raking leaves as it happened, so he attempted to grab me, but I alluded him. At this point in our story, all three of the humans present broke out in separate directions, on foot and by car, to find me. Meanwhile, I was visiting all the dogs around, and playing in the woods. I also met some other small woodland creatures on my way. I am told that after the Mom couldn't find me by car, she came back, hooked Akira to his leash, and told him to find me. Akira sprinted away, running so fast, the Mom didn't see him scoot under the neighbors electric horse fence until he was under it. Fortunately it was turned off, as I had earlier discovered myself when I went to give my regards to the horses. While Mom and Akira were hot on my tracks in one direction, I was well on my way back home, tired from my Big Adventure. I jumped into the Brother's arms, as he was waiting for me out back of the house. The Mom attributes my safe return to her prayers for me. I am thankful that I didn't not get hit by a car or eaten by a big animal. I don't think I'll be trying that any time again soon, as it sure wore me out.

~Shiro

1 comment:

Opy - the Original GruffPuppy said...

Yikes Shiro ! That sounds like a HUGE advernture - and I am very happy that you made it home safely !

Love
Opy